Thursday, October 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brandon!

Ok, so Brandon's birthday isn't until December 19th. However, he has been looking for a good road bike for some time. Initially he was just going to try to upgrade to a better mountain bike because they are not quite as expensive. But then yesterday I found this beauty on CraigsList (it was NOT cheap, but still way cheaper than what you can buy them for in the shop these days). It is SUPER light and a 2001 model... so fairly new. It is the best road bike I have ever ridden (but then again, my road bike is like ancient). So we decided it would be all of Brandon's birthday (just a little early). I am so happy about it... mostly because it fits him perfectly and I can still ride it too. If I ever do get to doing a triathalon, I will probably borrow Brandon's bike. In the meantime, I will keep enjoying my old school road bike. =) I am so happy for Brandon though. I think he is going to really enjoy it.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So cool! What a great gift. Did I know Brandon and I share the same birthday? Sweet!

Teresa Kauer said...

That is way exciting! I want a road bike someday too.