Thursday, March 4, 2010
Time Off? - Not Happening Anytime Soon
I know this may sound rediculous (and very whiny) but I am going crazy!! As an employee at the University of Idaho, I get a certain amount of leave (time that I can take off). It is very minimal. I accrue just under 1 day of leave each month. So right now I have saved up 2 days of leave for the whole summer. That's right, I don't get spring break off, I only get two official holiday days off during Christmas and just one day usually for Thanksgiving, etc. So any other time I want to take off has to be saved up. There is absolutely no way around it. But the people I work with have been working here a long time and have oodles of leave. So for instance this spring break (in two weeks), who gets to work the whole week while everyone heads out of town? Me. So while my husband is out of school during the summer, spring break, etc. I am working. That means no trips, no nothing but work. That is the ONLY complaint I have about my job is the leave. I feel so restricted and since Brandon and I don't have any kids, all I want to do is go on fun trips and get away while we can when Brandon is not in school!!! But instead I am saving every last bit of leave I have for family things (reunions, etc.) and I still probably won't have enough. What a joke!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sorry Sarah. That blows.
Are you affected by the furlough (sp?) going on at UofI?
Im so sad for you, I know what thats like when you just need to get out but you can't!
too bad, we are not going anywhere either, we should get together...after work of course ;)
Hey, if you are implying that when you do have kids, you won't be able to go anywhere or do much, you are mistaken my lady. You can still go and be spontaneous, except, now you get to bring along more people! You just add them to your already fun and loving atmosphere! It may be more work to bring them, but its totally worth it.
Well stated... my sentiments exactly Sarah! I feel the same way.
Post a Comment