I love this picture of my dad and Tom.
My brother Tom is preparing to serve a mission in Mexico City. He leaves next month. This is his calling for the next two years. It is interesting how callings in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints change so often. We are called to serve in areas we feel very inadequate and then are stretched until we think we know what we are doing and then we get a new calling. Sounds exhausting, I know.
There are some things I will definitely miss about my calling but I hope to stay actively engaged in serving others. I always find great joy in serving those around me. I am grateful for every opportunity to serve. Last weekend Brandon and I had the opportunity to go to the temple in the Tri-Cities and support my brother Tom in his preparations to serve a mission. That was such an incredible experience-one that I will never forget.
As so many things are changing rapidly in my life and I find myself facing reality, I feel fortunate to have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that despite the many trials I seem to face, the release from my calling, good friends leaving Moscow, etc. I still have my one rock- I have a firm testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and that gives me strength. And I must continue to find joy in MY journey always.
Love,
Sarah
6 comments:
Sarah, you are the best and I miss you TONS already! You are such a great example to me!
How fun to be able to attend the temple with your little brother! Having missionaries out is so much fun!
That was beautiful! I can't believe Tom is almost ready to leave. Craziness. I also can't believe he's as tall as your dad either. Boy they grow up fast. You are the best big sister for your siblings.
I just love this post! I loved reading your honest testimony and how it blesses you life and gets you through trials. I must not have seen Tom in several years cause I didn't even recognize him. It is really amazing that Kimberly is graduating from high school this year.
Squire served his mission in Mexico City!
Thanks for sharing Sarah. I just got released from teaching primary because they want me to have some time before the baby comes. I'll admit I wasn't thrilled to serve in primary, again and felt more than inadequate but ended up absolutly loving it and I am so sad to be done. I loved reading your thoughts on callings and serving.
Sarah, It is so fun to see your growth in the gospel and in life. I miss your smiling face and want to wish you a wonderful summer! Keep smiling. Great photos at the nursery.
Post a Comment