Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More from Walla Walla

My mom took Brandon and I out to eat lunch at a little sandwich shop in Walla Walla when we first got into town last Friday and that was really fun.

Then, I took my two little sisters (they are growing up fast) trick or treating at our church's trunk or treat event on Friday night.

Saturday morning we hit it making LOTS of applesauce!

Here's papa running the show for awhile! Me and my older siblings share such fond memories of making applesauce with my father.

This is my little sister Rachel at the mixing station.

And here's the apple cutting crew inside- me and my brother Blake. I had such an enjoyable time being inside and chatting with Blake. He is a teenager and not usually around much when we come to visit. So it was really fun just to be with him for awhile.

And here is the lady who makes EVERYTHING happen in her house. She is amazing. She has taught me a lot about canning this year and as a result, I am not very much enjoying it and hope to be able to do it all on my own, especially when I have my own family to share it with.

Some of the finished product... yum!

Last but not least, I do have to mention the lovely homemade doughnuts my mom and I made for the family on Saturday after applesauce was all done. They were heavenly.

2 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

Glad to see you finally got those homemade donuts made. :)

Ashley said...

Love your shirt in the first couple of pics! :)