I first learned how to knit back in November of last year (thanks to my friend Michelle who so willingly taught me). I enjoy it. However, I am not one to just sit around usually so it took me quite some time to finish my first scarf. I think I finished it like 2 weeks or so ago. I never realized how much time knitting actually takes. I am sure once I am actually good at it that I will increase my speed and it will not take so long. Until then, I think I will take a break from the knitting and work on bigger and better things.
5 comments:
Yeah, I know what you mean by knitting taking a lot of time. 2 years ago Dustin got me all the stuff to make him an afghan (I chrochet)It was supposed to be done for christmas that year, 2006. Yes, it's still not finished. Granted, I did take a 6 month break, but it's just so hard to find the motivation to make a blanket in the summer heat. Your scarf is so pretty, I'd like to learn, but I should probably finish my sweetys long over-due christmas gift. Once I'm done I'll be asking for lessons!
Good for you Sarah.
Who is the scarf for?
Okay Sarah. Is there anything you don't do? :)
I LOVE the valentines toes!! And I agree that knitting takes forever - though i was only like 10 when I learned. crocheting is much faster.
You should team up with Melissa...she just learned to knit to. YOu'd make a great little knitting team. :)
Post a Comment