Friday, February 13, 2009
My Blonde Moment
So last night I was getting ready to bake a chocolate cake. I put the mix from the box in the bowl (yes, I know I didn't make it from scratch- I am a slacker) and the oil, eggs, and water in as well. Then the box says to mix on low speed for one minute. So I get my beaters out and look at the clock on the microwave. It says 1:34. So I start the mixer and after a bit I figured that I must have started just as the 1:34 turned to 1:34 because the clock didn't turn to 1:35 for a little while. So I knew that I would be good if i just kept mixing until the clock turned to 1:35. So I am standing there (spacing off of course) and mixing (for like five minutes) and I look at the clock and it is still at 1:34 and I am thinking to myself, 'Wow! This is the longest minute I have ever lived!" Then after a few more minutes I totally realize that that is NOT the time (duh! It was like 7:00 in the evening!) and that someone had set the timer and stopped it at 1:34. Wow. I am real smart! And let's just say, my batter was very well mixed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have that happen to me all the time. Blake can now reach the microwave buttons and so now it NEVER reads the actual time. We a clock that has the 'hands' to tell the time, but it doesn't have any numbers, so it takes me a while to figure out the time then too. I just can't win!
On a side note, Chocolate cake sounds soooo good right now! I'm going to have Dustin pick some up on his way home!
That's awesome you blogged about this. Most people wouldn't.
LOL I'm still laughing just thinking about it.
Hahaha. Oh Sarah, I love you.
Post a Comment