

During the Thanksgiving holiday, we were able to spend some time with Brandon's family in Burley, ID. One of my favorite things about visiting Burley is the drive. It is a beautiful drive from Moscow to Boise and we were very fortunate to have clear roads traveling both to and from Burley.

One of our first stops on the way to Burley was in Boise. Just after Brandon and I got engaged (February 2007), Brandon took me out to Tucanos (this was in Provo, UT). We had not been to Tucanos since then. So it was really fun to eat there in Boise. Brandon absolutely LOVES that place. Are you surprised? It is all meat! Tucanos to him is what Olive Garden is to me (food from heaven).


I love this picture because I think it looks like Scottie (nephew) is break dancing.

Brandon's mom is a very talented sewer. One year she made this really cool Twister quilt and the two die that she is rolling in this picture. We like to get it out when the nieces and nephews are over. They love it!


Who is that? Yeah, that is Lee Commard (#24) who played for BYU just last year!!! One of Brandon's relatives had two extra tickets to a basketball game. Supposedly it is a game where a bunch of graduated college ball players work to get drafted for the NBA. It was Boise against a Utah team and we had a blast watching!


At one point during our stay in Burley, I was not feeling well. Brandon surprised me with this cute little lunch. He even brought it to me in bed. I thought it was cute. Thank you sweetheart!
One of the highlights of our visit was going out to eat with two of Brandon's brothers and their families. We ate at a hamburger joint called Steve-O's The food was delicious and I think Brandon's family got too good of a laugh when I pointed out that I had never seen anyone who looked more like a monkey than our waitress (mean, I know... but very true).

Can you guess what this turkey means? The Mini Cassia Turkey Trot happened Thanksgiving morning and yes, we participated! There was no gettin' out of that one for Brandon.

We really did "jog" this race. So we definitely had some steam left to burn at the end..... (watch where we are in relation to the girl in the blue in front of us)

And yes, we did beat that girl. I have too much of that (trying to beat the person in front of you at the end in a full out sprint) left in me from the old days of cross country and track. Boy do I miss running competitively like I used to! Thankfully, I have a husband that will give me a good competitive run and then let me win, barely.
We miss you Burley!!!
3 comments:
Man that twister game is AWESOME. That is one talented sewer.
It looks like it was so much fun man.
I'm glad Brandon got to eat at his favourite place.
I don't understand why the waitress looked like money and how that was mean?
Good job on the race though.
It looks like you guys had a fun time in Burley. Glad you guys are doing good!
Ps. You guys do the cutest Christmas letters!
So fun! Looks like your Thanksgiving was eventful. I can't wait to run again. Brandon is a great husband for you! I hope you have a great Christmas.
Post a Comment