Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dworshak Reservoir - Rowley Family Reunion 2010


A couple of weeks ago, my immediate family got together for a short family reunion at Dworshak Reservoir. We had so much fun together, on the boat, hanging out, playing in the water, etc.

The sand over by the play area was surprizingly pretty nice and I had a good time playing it with my little sisters. It made me feel like a kid again and that was fun.

Here's a picture when we were first getting in the water. I was SO cold!! But then it got better once we moved around and got our blood flowin' a bit.

This log seriously made for so much fun. The first girl is a friend of our and then it was me and a few of my younger siblings. The log was kind of slippery and it rocked back and forth quite a bit. I kept falling off and then whenever I tried to get back on, the log when crazy back and forth and everyone had to hang on tight. I laughed so hard the whole time we were playing on it. I felt huge too compared to those kids but it wa so much fun. I haven't had that good of a laugh in a long time.



Me and my lil' sis Crys

My brother Stewart... he's a champ. Boating is not his favorite but he was a real sport.

My parents. So cute! It was so fun when they got in the water to play with us.

Crystal

My sister Rachel and my dad being a goof!

This is a picture of my sisters and my mom from the back. Sharon, Rachel, Mom, Crystal. I love you girls!

Me, Stewart and Brandon on the tube. Whoopeeee!

Playin' in the water... we did this lots. It was our favorite thing to stop the boat, anchor it, and then all of us would jump in to cool off.

Stew Dawg drivin' the boat

Me, Crys (don't think she was too happy about this pict), Mom

My mom did some candy jars and we got to guess how many candies were in each. I don't think he thought it was a success but I certainly thought the rolos were worth it!

Crys driving the boat ... And of course since Stewart got to drive, she wanted to too. Silly girl! Funny how my dad is totally not looking or paying attention too and she is the youngest of the three that drove!

Brandon

Water fight!

Blake gets his revenge on Crys

Mmmmmmm.... I had LOTS of trail mix that weekend. So good! Especially the almonds and M&Ms. =)

Brandon caught a small bass.

So most of my siblings (including myself) went cliff jumping with some friends in our ward. I know that rock so does not look very tall but I swear it felt like I was jumping off a tall building. The water looked so far down and I was pretty proud of myself for actually jumping. Unfortunately I have no picture to prove it. Brandon can testify that he witnessed it though. Haha!

Here's some of the boys swimming back over to the rope to climb up the cliff again.

Brandon & I


My brothers Doug and Blake are always having lots of fun on the tubes. Hoppin' hippos or whatever that is called... they always do that where they try to switch tubes without crashing. I tried it once and then decided that was enough for me. They can get pretty crazy on those tubes. Although, I didn't catch any of their barrel rolls or crazy tricks on camera this time.

One of the things I absolutely love about Dworshak is the views. They are absolutely gorgeous and the pictures really don't do justice at all.

My mom got this little raft boat for the kids to play in at the play area and it was a hit!

Crys and her s'more. Yum!

My sister Sharon and her husband Gary, making their s'mores

The son-in-laws, Brandon and Gary, roasting their marshmallows

Here's another little fish Brandon caught. He got this one just off the boat. I am pretty sure he could have fished the entire trip if I let him. I told him the other day that I wasn't sure if I will ever let him buy a fishing boat because I would never see him. He just laughed. He knows it's true.

Stewart caught a little fish off the boat too and that was pretty exciting. He was quite thrilled.

Just sittin' on the dock of the bay... wastin' time.... Brando and Stew Dawg. This was actually a floating dock out in the middle of the reservoir that my dad dropped us off at to play awhile. There were lots of people there and that wasn't so great but it was a fun little place to explore and hang out.


Here's a few picts of the three of us, Crystal, Stewart and myself hanging out in the raft at the floating dock. I can't believe I didn't sink us!

I didn't get very many skiing pictures this trip and I barely noticed this as we were headed in on our last day. So I hurriedly whipped out my camera and grabbed a few shots of my brother Blake. What a champ!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm a litte jealous =)