Monday, July 25, 2011

10 Mile Race in Redmond, WA & Kyle's Marathon

A couple of weekends ago Brandon and I went up to Redmond, WA to support my brother Kyle in his first marathon. I remember running my marathon in St. George in 2006 and how it was such an accomplishment for me and I wanted to be able to support Kyle so badly. There was also a 10-mile race going on at the same time. So I signed Brandon and I up! We did not really train for it but it was still fun. It rained nearly the entire time and that kept us very cool. It was also a complete trail run, which made the course interesting. I am so glad that we went.

Kyle and I before the race

Kyle right about to start his marathon

Not sure you can see the mud on our legs real well in this picture but we really were covered by the end of the race!

The picture is kind of blurry but Shanie (my soon to be sister-in-law) and I gave the jumping a shot. I am so glad that Shanie had her camera with her because I went to take some pictures with my camera and realized I had left my camera card at home!!

Brandon and I after the race (very wet from the rain)

Watching Kyle after his marathon brought back so many memories for me. I remember hurting so bad and hurting so bad I just didn't want to stand. I also remember fuzzing out near the end and taking a while to come to. I saw a lot of that with Kyle and it certainly brought back some of the same emotions I had the day I ran my marathon. I am so proud of Kyle!

This picture was taken at just about mile 20. I remember really hitting a wall at that point when I ran my marathon and those last six miles felt so hard. However, I do think that running a marathon is something that every individual should experience. I do not plan to run one ever again, unless my Brandon does. Then I would run it with him. I think it is going to take a little more convincing though!

Kyle and Shanie

Kyle zonked out on the way home. I was glad we went so that we could drive him and Shanie back to Cle Elum where their car was.

Shanie, Kyle, me and Brandon

No comments: