Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pockets of Sunshine

The last month has been tough.  Still I have 3-4 weeks left of bed rest so that my ovaries can shrink back down to their normal size.  In the meantime, I have tried to seek the good through this challenging time.  Some days are easier than others but I am so grateful for the pockets of sunshine through the rain.


When I first came home from the hospital (several weeks ago), Brandon went to the store to find some things to keep me busy while I would be home bound for awhile.  I told him to pick me out a fun puzzle.  This puzzle was SO hard and as a result, I am convinced that I do not need to do another puzzle for a very long time.  I was pretty proud when I finished though.




I have been wanting to attend the Walla Walla balloon stampede with Brandon for several years now and each year something comes up.  So I was determined this year to show him it.  However, due to my condition, I was worried about attending.  Brandon was so kind and and parked our car at the edge of the fairgrounds so that I could sit from the inside of the car in my seat and watch the show.  Him and my younger siblings watched the show from the hood of our car.  This was a beautiful night.


Mother's Day this year we also made a trip to Walla Walla to be with my family.  These weekend trips have really allowed me to get out of my house and enjoy the beautiful scenery at my families house.  Even just being around people helps my spirits.  As you can see, I still have quite a blown up belly in this picture with my parents and little sister Crystal (far right).


Brandon has been called to be the Cubmaster in our ward.  This is a new calling for him and I was so excited for him the night of his first pack meeting.  I felt so bad that I could not be there, but I think it went well.


Mom took me and my two little sisters out to get pedicures for my graduation and Crystal's birthday this last weekend.  It felt SO nice to get my feet done.  And yes, my stomach still looks huge.  I promise it will shrink- at least that's what the nurses keep telling me!


Last night Brandon and I had a special night.  I have felt so bad having to be couch bound these last weeks. Brandon has been doing so much for me and I know it is probably not very fun for him to have a wife that feels like crap all of the time.  He really is so good to me.  Last night we went out to the Cameo Heights Mansion to do some inn keeping for the owners and I must say I enjoyed the beautiful scenery and our room was pretty nice.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Miss you guys.
Everything looks like fun. Great job on puzzle. I hope you start feeling better really soon. Brandon will be great in that calling.

Rachel Hair said...

Before I read your post I kept looking at that top picture and wondering what you would be doing with all that candy! It looks real! I hope your recovery will be quick now! Call me anytime :)

Becca Bingham said...

I love puzzles! It is so fun when you can run your hand over it and have all the pieces in! Way to go! I am so glad you are so close to family and are able to enjoy them so much! Hope you continue to feel better!

Kadie said...

I'm so glad you've been able to have some fun through all this. Love you and I totally wish I could be there to keep you company (and I would have totally been doing that puzzle with you... I love doing one every 3 years!). :)