

My lovely mom and I had the opportunity to drive to Boise, ID together a few weekends ago to attend my first ever Time Out for Women. My mom has been to quite a few now but they are definitely worth the time! Time Our for Women is sponsored by Deseret Book. A variety of LDS authors and artists are brought in to give lectures and share their talents with a large group of sisters. I knew that it would be a very spiritually uplifting event but I had no idea that I would be feeling the spirit and the love of the Lord so strongly that I would shed many tears that weekend. I went away from the event feeling rejuvenated and ready to do good. I felt like a better person just from listening to some very talented individuals. The singers were beautiful and a few of my favorites. One song that I really loved was Hilary Weeks' "Is There Room?" It is on her new Christmas CD that has not come out yet. I have pre-ordered the CD already. I am really excited for it to come!

My favorite speaker was definitely Sister Emily Freeman. I have her 21 Days Closer to Christ book and I really liked it. I really wanted the book but I knew my mom really wanted it as well. She refused to let me pay for any of the extra costs to get to Boise and back so I decided that during the lunch hour on Saturday I would sneak into the Deseret Book stand and purchase one for her as a "Thank you" gift. So the other day I get the same book in the mail from my mom!!! That little stinker went and bought it for me. Now that I have started reading it I can totally understand why she did that. I wish everyone could read it! The book is all abundance and how we can have abundance in our lives even if we do not have lots of nice things. I highly recommend this phenomenal read!
Thank you mom for such a fun weekend and for the wonderful book!
2 comments:
Can I borrow it?
I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Man I would've LOVED to have gone.
That sounds like so much fun! I love workshots and things like that, that motivate you to become a better person! Good for you- I feel like you could be teaching or writing something like this! :)
Post a Comment