Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fondant Class Complete!



Last night I had my final fondant and gumpaste class. My cake did not turn out AT ALL how I envisioned. I was in a hurry and had to just tack something on there so it is nothing fancy. I think if it was how I wanted it, it would be plastered with daisies and with a nice white ruffle border. Maybe next time, right?

Here are the flowers that I learned how to create using gumpaste. My favorites are the daisy and the calla lily. I also learned how to make the mum which is sitting on top of my bow on my cake (see above).

Here is a better view of the rose.

And this is just a picture that I like. Random, but I love how the back is so clear and the front fuzzy. Seems kind of artistic, don't you think?

6 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

That is so great that you learned how to do this! It is always fun to learn a new skill and be able to use it! I like the daisy best too!

Fab Five said...

Looks great! You'll have to do an enrichment! And welcome back to the blogging world! :)

Kassy Whetten said...

It looks awesome! I want to do it...Stupid Michaels.

Melissa said...

Sarah, I'm so proud of you.
It looks fantastic.
Well done.

Carey Hooton said...

oh my! the mum is my favorite! That is amazing! Way to go Sarah!

Teresa Kauer said...

Looks awesome!! I bet it was a lot of fun!