Sunday, September 25, 2011

Already Missing My Family

I do have to admit that this has been the semester out of all of the semesters we have been in Moscow that I have been the most homesick. We went to Walla Walla on Thursday and the whole first part of the week I crammed my schoolwork in and got so excited to go. Now we are home from WW and the trip felt like literally a blink of an eye. We were in paradise for just a few seconds. I miss my family again so much already. Fall is such a fun time with them. We went to lots of my siblings' sporting events, canned lots of pears and salsa, picked the garden, went to a wedding reception, and just hung out. I never wanted to leave!!!


Saturday morning I had the opportunity to watch my littlest sister play a soccer game. My dad is her coach so that is kind of fun. However, I was asked to snap some photos of their team and I am pretty sure that all of my photo shooting nightmares came true! The important part is that I got through it, right?

My brother Blake is number 24 in the middle of the field... granted you probably cannot see him unless you take a double squint. He plays most of the football game and was a lot of fun for me to watch this last weekend. I hope we make it to at least a few more of his games before the season is over! He is my sports hero because he is not the biggest guy on the field but he sure has one of the biggest hearts and love for the sport. He plays with passion and it is exciting to watch.

This is Stewart and I before his cross country meet on Thursday. I miss running cross country but know that I want to stay involved in the running programs at whatever school systems are most near once we settle down in an area.



Not sure when we are going back to visit but I hope it is soon!

3 comments:

Kelli and Derek Hill said...

Oh Sarah I feel your pain, visiting family is the best and it is always over too fast. Miss you!

Becca Bingham said...

How fun that you can go for short weekends to feed that craving! I'm jealous! I just wish that I could do a quick drive, but then I'd probably be home way too much!

Brynn said...

Man, I literally have been living over at my moms to deal with all this postpartum stuff! Its been REALLY nice, but I have to say, I love coming home to MY family now, brax, ricky and baby mer, and finding my routine again. I love going over to my moms, but I realized the other day, that it was getting to the point where I couldnt make it through the day unless I had my mom there. Lame! I love that parents can be your best friends when you need them, and your mommy and daddy too, I love this time of year too, it means a lot of family time!