Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pure Content

On Friday afternoon we left Moscow to meet my parents at the Columbia River Temple to do an endowment session. Our session started at 7:30pm. I was all excited because we left early enough that I knew we could probably make it to my absolute favorite restaurant in time to eat there before we had to be at the temple. It wasn't until we were ten minutes down the road that realized we were going the wrong direction! We were driving to Walla Walla not the Tri-Cities. So, we turned around and headed back to Moscow and then on our merry way in the right direction. Just about the time we were ready to take the temple exit, we second guessed ourselves and took the wrong exit which put us on another busy highway. So we ended up spending ten minutes trying to get going back in the correct direction. Finally, we were on the right road. Now my favorite restaurant of all time is the truly divine Olive Garden and it just happens to be on the same main road as the temple. One of my all-time favorite stores is Costco. There is also a Costco on this main road. I knew that we were completely out of my staple food, granola bars, so I was initially thinking that we may have a split second for me to dart in and grab a few of their big boxes of granola bars just before our splendid Olive Garden experience. To my dismay, because of the few set backs we had experienced, we did not arrive in the Tri-Cities in time to actually go and sit down to eat somewhere. Brandon pretty much told me that I had time to run into Costco and nothing else. However, I pled with him to let me at least see if the Olive Garden could make me a quick take out order. I darted into Costco and was back out in ten minutes (now that is record time!). I was doing this so quickly only because I was dying to have my Olive Garden and I was going to do whatever it took to get it. We raced over to Olive Garden and I ordered my take out. Ten minutes later, I was one happy girl with my granola bars in the trunk and goodness on my lap. We parked in the temple parking lots and I scarfed down my soup and breadsticks so fast it hurt but it tasted soooooo good and I was one content girl! Thank you Brandon for making me so happy! P.S.- I totally look pregnant in this picture but I am definitely not!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I like that little disclaimer at the end of your not being pregnant.
You must have a bunch of people asking you to be on the defense.LOL
I'm glad you got to do everything you wanted.
Last time Dru and i went to Olive Garden we vowed never to go again.
We need to go with you and Brandon, it should be better that way right?

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Haha. Brandon does not like Olive Garden but he spoils me. So maybe I could go to Olive Garden and you guys could take Brandon with you to Red Lobster or something he would like... haha!

Kierstin said...

Oh my, that sounds sooooo good!

amber said...

i absolutely love olive garden also. LOVE it.