Saturday, January 17, 2009

Moving.... Maybe Not!!!

So I have been really horrible about posting and commenting lately... mostly because it has been a really hard two weeks. Last week I was definitely sick with the flu. This week I found out that while I had the flu, I still may have some other health problems. So I have been to doctors this week and giving my blood for testing way too much! I really hate getting my blood taken- more than anything!! I cry every time and I have to lie down or else I pass out. So it has been a rough go. Then, on top of all this, it is the first week of classes and that is the busiest time for me at work because of all of the demands from the students and faculty. Finally, we found out we could move into a new apartment here in Moscow in the Oakridge complex next to a lot of our friends so we got pretty excited. They assured us that it would not cost us more than we are paying now for our place and since it is closer to friends we said sure! It is a townhome and we really like it.. BUT yesterday when I was once again getting my blood drawn, the owner of the apartment called me and told me that it may be a no go. So here we were with all of our stuff packed and ready to be moved... Uhaul lined up and everything and we had to cancel the Uhaul and our house it still all packed up and just sitting there. We are in Walla Walla right now for my sister's reception tonight but we will go back to Moscow on Monday and we will not know if we will be able to move into the new apartment for sure until the owner calls me sometime on Monday. So we are kind of just waiting. What a hard week it has been! I am glad that next week is a new week! I know it will be better for sure!

9 comments:

Matt and Sara said...

Sadness! You better feel better soon and all that icky sickness better disappear! Hopefully it'll all work out with your new place too - that's a bummer if it doesn't ant they told you it would! Let us know if we can do anything for ya! It'll work out :) Have fun in Walla Walla!

Kierstin said...

I really hope everything works out with the apt. We had the same "stop and go" dance with the Oakridge office, but she's really nice and tries really hard to make it work (although if you don't get a call by noon or 1, you should call them.) Let us know when you need help moving, I can come help clean and Dustin will help with the lifting! (Blake will just be in the way, but he's way good at UNpacking!) Best wishes with the health issues too. If it helps, you can vent to me.

Missy! said...

Oh shoot!! Sorry that you have been feeling bad, and that the moving didn't work out. I am available to help with whatever I can, as long as Maiby can come along. Hopefully the move will happen quickly.

Melissa said...

Sorry Sarah. If it's any help Dru and I have had a crap week.
We're looking forward to next week as well.
Let us know what happens ok so we can help you guys.
I wish you were in Moscow so I could see you guys on Sunday.
Bummer.

The Odermott's said...

I am so sorry. I hope it all works out for you. I hope you feel better soon too.

amber said...

oh sarah. i hope that next week is better for you too! i'm sure it will be, can only get better right?? and i hope that you are feeling better and that work is going well and your housing works out and just everything! keep your head up. :)

Darren and Tessa said...

Remember to let us know when you need help and REALLY call her if she doesn't call you in the morning, she changes her mind a lot and forgets to call.

Anonymous said...

sarah I hope youre doing okay. are you feeling any better? any news from the doc? That is really sad that you can't move! If you need some help let me know what I can do for you!

moxie mama said...

I hope stuff is going better for you! let us know what you hear from the doc. congrats to your hubby for getting into the masters program!

I didn't make that stuff...i wish, lol. there are links above each picture to the store where they came from...