While I was home (in Walla Walla) this weekend visiting my family, I spent a lot of time with my two little sisters- especially the littlest one Crystal (she is the one on the right). This may seem really weird but she said something that really struck me hard this weekend. We were playing on the slip and slide and I decided after much begging from both sisters to get in my suit and go down the slip and slide too. Crystal was just thrilled. She screamed "Woohoo" and was going down the slip and slide over and over again as fast she could and she looked up at me and said with much enthusiasm, "Sarah, this is going to be the best day ever, right?" Then as we went through the day and played some more she repeated, "This is just the best day ever!" It made me think about how little kids are just so happy. The simplest things mean the world to them. If I could just tell myself "This is going to be the best day ever!" every day, I think I would be in good shape. So today I am grateful for the little things that make every day the best day ever. Some days it is harder to make it the best day ever and some days it just isn't but for the most part I think we can always find things to be happy about. Thank you Crystal. Your words meant more to me than you will ever know!
Monday, May 11, 2009
Something I Love About Her...
While I was home (in Walla Walla) this weekend visiting my family, I spent a lot of time with my two little sisters- especially the littlest one Crystal (she is the one on the right). This may seem really weird but she said something that really struck me hard this weekend. We were playing on the slip and slide and I decided after much begging from both sisters to get in my suit and go down the slip and slide too. Crystal was just thrilled. She screamed "Woohoo" and was going down the slip and slide over and over again as fast she could and she looked up at me and said with much enthusiasm, "Sarah, this is going to be the best day ever, right?" Then as we went through the day and played some more she repeated, "This is just the best day ever!" It made me think about how little kids are just so happy. The simplest things mean the world to them. If I could just tell myself "This is going to be the best day ever!" every day, I think I would be in good shape. So today I am grateful for the little things that make every day the best day ever. Some days it is harder to make it the best day ever and some days it just isn't but for the most part I think we can always find things to be happy about. Thank you Crystal. Your words meant more to me than you will ever know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
children really are the most insightful of us all.
also, those pants took me about a week. and i am going to be selling my knits! i just got permission from an author of a pattern book to sell her stuff so i wont be breaking copyright laws. yay!
Yeah man it's so true. I wish I was as easily pleased.
I love your thought. Thanks for sharing. And I can't believe you found such amazing deals at those yard sales! I love yard sales!
I love getting comments from you on my blog. I am trying to figure out how to add and follow blogs...yours is so fun to look at! It is good to see all of you pictures.
Such a good reminder! Thanks for sharing that!
Post a Comment