Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oregon Coast Trip - Part 4

In Newport, we also did something I would highly recommend. We went whale watching and crabbing. The best thing about the charter we went through was that it was a smaller charter that did not cram its boats. I think there were about 17 of us on the boat, including children. So everyone had good breathing room. I was a little skeptical about the whole thing at first but I had a blast! I also didn't know if I would get sea sick on something like this but I did not.


Here our boat helper is throwing out the crab traps (which we will come and get on our way back).



We did see one big grey whale (30 ft. long) but I did not get a picture of it.

The first of the crab crop



Brandon was smiling from ear to ear when it was his turn to pull in a crab trap. He loves these kinds of adventures.

Me on the other hand, well... I am not as strong and felt like a complete weakling as I had to get help to pull mine in. It was heavy!





On our way home from the coast, we stayed in Tillamook, OR and checked out the Tillamook County Fair. This was one of the first booths we passed when we walked in and we thought it was pretty hilarious.

This amazingly tall lady was pretty neat.

One of the things I love to look at at fairs are all of the pretty flowers.
Yummy meat!
And we cannot forget the horse races. We actually had planned on seeing more than just one race of the horse races and possibly going to the Lonestar concert that night but I was starting to get a little bit homesick. So we headed home. Silly huh?

No comments: