
Funny thing- we took a picture next to this ship right after we entered Sea World... and good thing we did it early! As we were leaving the park later that day, we noticed that a worker at the park had stacked a bunch of drinks and snacks in it that were for sale. So I guess we hit it at the right time.


Here is a cute cave near the polar bear exhibit. I am sad that the first picture of Brandon and I in it is so dark. Anyone know if there is a way to fix that?

My favorite part about Sea World was definitely "dining with Shamu." We signed up for a special event where you can eat next to the pool where some of the whales hang out during their free time. The lunch that they provide is beautiful! I was so disappointed that I got full fast because I wanted to just take it all in. Then the desserts... that is another story... they were Heavenly. As you can see from the pictures and videos below, we pretty much were able to get right next to the whales as we ate. There were multiple times that I could seriously reach down and touch them... It was pretty cool and I would definitely say that the experience and meal was worth the money.




We found a stable full of Clydesdales. Those horses are HUGE!!


This is a view from underneath the big pool where the whales hang out during their down time and sometimes training time. It is also the same pool that was right next to us during our "lunch with Shamu."

This is the big pool that they do the Shamu show in. I wanted to post a picture because I wanted you to be able to see the big TV screens above the water and between the giant whale tail. Those screens come apart during the show and make four individual screens.. then they can combine into one big screen as well. It is pretty cool. The whole show is choreographed to music and the video... It was spectacular!

This is us right before the big Shamu whale show was to begin. We saved it for the end of the day and I am glad we did :)

This is Brandon and his oldest brother Mike. Mike & his wife Erika met up with us on day 2 and we got to hang out with them during the rest of our vacation activities. They brought their newest and cutest addition, Gabe (far right).

Flamingos - I love the heart shape.

This is a really bad picture of us but it is the best one we could get of us riding on a sky ride that takes you across a large body of water and back.

This picture was taken as we were on a sky tower overlooking Sea World. Can I just say how much I love the fact that my husband is never serious... it sure makes trips like this so much more entertaining.
During the dolphin show we sat in the upper half of the soak zone... thinking we had a slim chance of getting wet... yeah, we got soaked instead. It was great!
These are some fun videos from Sea World. We recorded so many videos while we were there and it is so hard for me to choose which ones to post. These few (haha) will have to do.
2 comments:
How wonderful! Someday I'd like to go there with Dustin and the boys.... someday.
Yeah, dinner at 6:45 will be great! If you'd like (but it's not necessary) you can bring a dessert. See you then!
We LOVED sea world. We'd go back in a heart beat and Masaru was only 4 months old!!LOL
I hear that that Shamu lunch is the way to do it.
Glad you loved it.
Post a Comment