Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I Have Neved Loved A Textbook More!

This semester I decided I wanted to take a class at the University of Idaho. I can take classes for almost no cost at all because I work as staff there. So this semester I decided to take a Business Law class. I have really enjoyed the class. However, it has been extremely time intensive... so if you haven't seen me in awhile, maybe that is why. The class is a four week course that ends on Friday of this week. I really worked hard to stay way ahead of schedule and going into this last weekend I only had one more class worth of material and my final exam left. The exam was open book and thank goodness!! The only problem was that I just happened to leave my textbook at my mom's house (2 1/2 hours away) and did not discover this until early Sunday evening. So here I was with no textbook and almost done with the class. P.S.- I have to be done with the class by tomorrow since we are leaving for San Diego, CA tomorrow for the rest of the week. Yesterday I called the U of I Bookstore and asked them about textbook returns. They said if you buy a textbook right now you cannot return it period until the end of the entire summer when buyback time comes around and the book is $150.00. Even then she said that they were not planning to give back as much as they usually do for textbooks at the end of the summer so I might just want to sell mine online. So I nixed that idea real fast. Then I emailed my professor only to find out that he has been in the hospital with something that sounds pretty serious and has no way of helping me. Last, I tried to go to the library and get the book on reserve and the library only had the 6th edition... we are using the 10th for the class and they are seriously almost two entirely different textbooks. Maybe it is because law is constantly changing... So I tried to make the book work for awhile and finally decided that it just wasn't going to work if I wanted to do well on the final exam. The book wasn't even helpful!! I just wanted to cry. After all of my hard work to get this far, I couldn't even take my final exam! I called my mom and we ended up spending our evening driving half way to Walla Walla and back to get my textbook from her (thanks mom!.. you're the best). When she gave me that textbook I literally hugged it. It felt soooo good to have that thing in my hands and so much better than that horrid 6th edition that really wasn't going to do it. I don't think I have ever loved a textbook more than my 10th edition Law for Business book!! And good news- I took the final exam into the wee hours of the evening last night and passed the class with an A. Hurray!!
As I mentioned in the post after this one, Brandon and I made a quick trip to Walla Walla this last weekend.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow what an adventure.
I'm so happy that you past the course with flying colours.
Could Brandon help out at all?
Dru loved his business law classes so much it changed him from doing international business to doing law for his masters.