



Isn't this statue pretty crazy?! I think it is awesome... it is located close to the U.S.S. Midway navy station from World War II that we got to tour.

The U.S.S. Midway

The U.S.S. Midway is very fascinating. We definitely could have spent the whole day touring the ship had we had all day to do so... but we didn't so we just toured as much as we could in the short amount of time we had. The cool thing about the tour is that they give you a headset like the one you see in the above picture that is on Brandon. They also give you a control (Brandon is wearing it around his neck) and you can go your own pace... it is an audio tour with over 60 stops... the coolest part is the top because there are lots of fighter jet planes and helicopters there. They were all once used in war so that is pretty cool. Some of them they even let you sit in... The one I am sitting in a few pictures down was not on the top level but still it is incredible just to sit in it and look around. I can't believe that they used to land those things on the top of those large ships!!!

By the way... I am sure that the bulging square in my pocket is driving you crazy (at least it is driving me crazy!!!)... sorry, it is my phone.

Those are bombs that Brandon has his hand on top of.

These are the nicest and I mean seriously the nicest bunks on the ship... so I am sure that the officers of highest rank had them. Most of the sleeping areas have bunks stacked with four beds and hardly no breathing room... you can't even sit up in them. Do we ever have it good or what

We did not tour the Midway with Brandon's brother and sister-in-law so it was a bit harder for us to get pictures together. I am glad we got some of each of us though. Sorry for the red eye (I know it drives me crazy so I am sure it is bugging whoever is reading this).
No comments:
Post a Comment