Monday, June 22, 2009

Spring Valley Fishin'

Saturday we were able to make it out to Spring Valley to do some fishin'. It felt great to get out!! The view out there is so beautiful.... to me the view alone is worth the trip. It was so nice to take some time to enjoy the beauties of the earth.

I just love this picture of Brandon because I think he is so cute when he watches the fish bite on his bait. He watches the top part of the pole... he gets so focused nothing can distract him- not even me taken all sorts of pictures of him!

I am so glad that Brandon has the patience to let me come and fish with him. I am definitely not skilled at it but I do enjoy it.

So brave!!!

There is one thing I WILL NOT do when we fish and that is, touch the worms! I will not put worms on my hook... just watching them squirm around while Brandon squeezes their bodies through the hook makes me get chills and I usually squeal... the sissy side of me comes out I guess.

I am so sad that Brandon's head got cutoff of this picture. It is hard to take pictures when it is just the two of us but we had a few that I like.




The highlight of the day was Brandon's wide mouth bass!! He didn't think that there were any bass in the lake we were fishing in but he certainly was wrong. I think he probably caught one of the bigger ones too.... that's my boy!
P.S.- I know I sound pretty silly in the video. You will have to ignore all of my squeals and laughs.

I did not want the fish get close to me but Brandon kept saying closer!!!


This picture of Brandon fishing on the side of the lake is my favorite... I don't know why. He just looks so content I think.

Brandon thought this would be a pretty funny picture because the fish is so small. I don't get it... I was happy about all of the fish I caught!!!!! I think we each caught about 4 or 5 fish. It was a great fishing day. Too bad we returned all of them to the lake!

10 comments:

Missy! said...

Looks like a fun trip! James is pretty impressed by your bass!

Melissa said...

Wow that's an awesome post.
I loved the video.
Theres NO WAY I would put worms through a hook either. I don't think you're a sissy I just think your humane!!

Jay and Camille said...

You went to Sun Valley on Saturday and didn't tell me? You suck. Next time you go, which I think should be around July 8, you HAVE to tell me! I LOVE Sun Valley.

Anonymous said...

dang. this is what we missed. poo. I'm glad that you had so much fun!

Lyd Stew said...

What an adventure- you are such a cute wife you go along fishin'! Looks like fun!

amber said...

ryan loved this! where is sun valley? now he wants to venture there too. and i want to go too, because i never catch anything when we go, and if you both caught 4 or 5 each, i have good odds there. :)

Krystle said...

I laughed so hard at the video when you squirmed. Ahhh the joys of being a fisherman's wife! :) Welcome to the club girl!!!! We'll have to make a fishin' trip together sometime when we get back. Miss you guys!

HBC said...

How fun!! loved the video. Scott and I just back from Alaska so I have lots of videos like that. Looks like a great day!

Natalie said...

That looks like a ton of fun. How beautiful!

Liz and Peter said...

Looks like such a fun trip! We have been dying to go fishing for a while but we left all our gear back in Utah. Silly us.